Terms of Service
Gilaasi Terms and Conditions of Supply
Any Order and subsequent purchase of Goods (as defined below) or services from Gilaasi shall be governed by the following terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
“Gilaasi” is the trading name for Gilaasi Ltd, trading on the internet at www.gilaasi.com. “We” / “Us” / “Our” refers to Gilaasi, “You” / “Yours” refers to the Customer UK company number: 11014190. VAT registration number is 297 9088 30.
- By submitting your order to Gilaasi you confirm:
- You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted;
- You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over); and
- You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
Orders for Goods
- Orders to Gilaasi must be submitted via the web at www.gilaasi.com or via one of our partner dealers
- Submission of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from Gilaasi, and we will confirm receipt of this offer via email (if the Order is placed via the Site)
- Prescription Glasses orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by a Dispensing Optician. In the case of the non prescription goods, your order is accepted once the required payment has been accepted or when the relevant goods are shipped, whichever occurs first. We will confirm acceptance of your Order via email or verbally.
Limitations of Supply
- We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however, we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
- On the advice of our Dispensing Opticians, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order.
- If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, Gilaasi’s Dispensing Opticians have absolute discretion:
- to in exceptional circumstances arrange a free face to face consultation with customers;
- to request that you send us a copy of your written prescription;
- to contact directly, or request that you contact, the optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
- to request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician; or
- request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician.
Prices and Payment
- Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Gilaasi.
- We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated in our current catalogue and on the Site.
- However, we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, the Dispensing Optician reviewing and authorising your Order will notify you of the error before your payment is processed. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
- The price you pay is a retail price as appearing in your basket. In certain territories where we sell, we are required to report part of the sale price to the relevant tax jurisdiction and pay that amount in tax. We do not adjust our prices depending on the sales tax suffered which varies from country to country. And we do not add tax to any amount shown in your basket.
- In some delivery countries there may be rules imposed locally that will charge import VAT to the purchaser. Gilaasi is unable to provide any refunds for such costs.
Delivery and Carriage
- We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
- You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
- Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order.
- If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
- In the case of non delivery, if either Gilaasi or our courier is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery.
6. Returns (of Goods)
- Please see our returns policy for full details on dealing with returns
7. Copyright and Trademarks
- The Site’s design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, Gilaasi. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of Gilaasi.
- The “Gilaasi” or “FineTunes” name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of Gilaasi.
Your right to cancel
Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until seven working days after delivery. If we’ve already shipped your order, you’ll need to package the items and send them back to us.
If we don’t receive the item back from you, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost. We will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that order as soon as possible, and in any case within 30 days after we receive your notification.